Wednesday 16 August 2017

#Count your #blessings, name them one by one


#Count your #blessings, name them one by one #social #twitter #linkedIn #instagram #marketing #jobs Being born & brought up in an orthodox Tamil Brahmin family in India, mentally conditioned to be conservative even if I traveled to other parts of the world, my religion, Hinduism seemed quite irrelevant at my workplace, to begin with, in the starting phase of my career. I developed this phobia towards being called "religious" when at my first job, my Manager asked me not to place the Lord Ganesha's idol at my cubicle. Naive and timid, I complied with whatever my Manager said and removed everything around me, which would suggest that I was a religious person. Consequently, the reverse transformation happened. I deliberately avoided speaking about issues of God, religion and anything which was traditional and "old-fashioned" according to my Manager and his loyal followers.
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-i-discovered-religion-relevant-corporate-workplace-nandini-alagar

No comments:

Post a Comment